I spent pretty much of the weekend on books, finishing one and buying another one to start on. Wanted to go out for a movie, but it seems the whole world is busy. Oh well, I went down to kino alone and got myself a book. Its a crime novel by Agatha Christie. I liked her book when I first read it. So why not try another? These weekends were supposed to be happening, but people aren't free, people are busy celebrating 21st bdays. I'm going broke this year. Joane's got a party next week. Don't intend to go cos I got the feeling I'm gonna be alone trying to mix around with strangers, which I'm quite uncomfortable with.
Anyway, I finished my read on "Sense and Sensuality: Jesus Talks with Oscar Wilde on the Pursuit of Pleasure" by Ravi Zacharias. I thought it was great. Though its an imaginative dialogue, I found it fruitful. It describes the demise of society in this world, about how Oscar's perception was so different from that of Christ's. Note the word "was", because Mr Wilde himself, was indulgent in the pleasures of life, only to receive the Sacrament of Extreme Unction right on his deathbed. His indulgence in his pleasures(go find out what these pleasures are) made me sick. But there you go, he's saved. Right on his deathbed. What a bloody miracle I say. Just as I finished this book yesterday, I had a sermon today on reaching out to not only your loved ones, but also your enemies. What a divine coincidence.
I think my blog is becoming boring lately. Maybe its because I spend too much time reading books rather than going out. And then I describe the book like its some book review. Haha. Sorry about that people, you know me. I've spent more time with books than with people my whole life. I guess thats my flaw. Maybe I should go join some friendship club or something and like what many of my friends say "Get a life Ivan". Hahahaha. Its back to camp. Byeeeeeee!
"There are mixed feelings about those last moments and about what one has called a 'late convert's hell'. Yes, much is forgiven, but how much was lost, and how many were plundered by such reckless living before the awakening moment. One can only weep for the loss of all the years that could have been spent in the investment of a brilliant mind for the cause of the Lord."
-Ravi Zacharias-
To my friends out there who are suffering.
"Sorrow is a wound that bleeds when any hand but that of love touches it, and even then must bleed again, though not in pain."
-Oscar Wilde-
Sunday, May 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment